My research will comprise of the following:
- Knowledge already gained from being a member of the Burlesque Society
- First hand experiece (as a Burlesquer
- Interviews with other members of the society
- Library research
- Internet research
- Interviews with people who work alongside the burlesque industry, hopefully Jo La Vey, a local corset maker. (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=217078799)
- Possible interview with Jeannie Finlay, director of "Goth Cruise".
- The ultimate bible of burlesque: "The Art of Teese/The Art of Fettish" by Dita Von Teese
I am also taking a trip to Paris next week and then in April I will be going to a 3 day burlesque convention in London....a great opportunity for both research and footage for the project.
As i said earlier, this is a topic which I have strong access to and have pleanty of contacts and opportunities to make use of during the project.
Filming permission in Paris & London (at events)
Timescale, London event being in April
Gaining backstage access to shows.
Week 23: Paris trip. Visit Moulin Rouge...also any other prime burlesque spots...maybe try and get to a real french burlesque show.
Week 23: Film at auditions for Demon Belles "Rule Britannia" show. Collect Vox Pops on the topic of "Burlesque" out and about in Leicester.
Week 24: Interviews; Luci King (Cindy Minx) founder of Burlesque Society, Shannon (Treacle Tart) , Emma Jennings (India Starr), Sammy Brennan (Betsy Von Blush) friends and fellow burlesquers, Jo La Vey, local corset maker. Possibly Jeannie Finlay, director of "Goth Cruise".
Week 25: Continuation of interviews. Film at weekly Burlesque Soc meeting, in the lead up to the show.
Week 26: Demon Belles "Rule Britannia" show, backstage and general event footage. After show Vox Pops from audience.
Week 27 part 1: Catch up on creative side of burlesque, nipple tassle making, feather fan making, hair piece making. Interview Darkteaser Burlequer: local proffesional burlesquer and dance teacher.
Week 27 part 2: Chaz Royales Annual London Burlesque Festival.
Week 28: Logging rushes, begin editing
Week29 & 30: On holiday
Week 31: Finish editing
Phew...alot to get my head round but really excited about this project now.
Emma aka Scarlett Soutine
Demon Belles facebook page http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=58156976263&mbox_pos=20#/group.php?gid=5127487995
La Vey myspace page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=217078799